A number of students have HP computers – typical models include 430 and Elitebook x360 and ProBook x360 models purchased from Lexel or Cyclone.
Please note: The ICT Helpdesk do not do repairs on equipment.
- Ensure your version of Windows is up to date (Windows > Settings > Check for Updates
- Install Optional updates from the same location (these may include BIOS updates which require y0ur computer to be plugged
- Windows Troubleshooting - Windows 10 provides some tools for troubleshooting but if these do not work, then using the manufacturers tools may be necessary. To locate windows troubleshooting – Windows > Settings > Troubleshooting
- Download and install the HP Support Assistant - HP Support Assistant
- Use the HP Troubleshooting site https://support.hp.com/gb-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing
- If you are still having an issue and believe your laptop needs a repair this can be arrange
Via Our ICT Helpdesk (we can log a ticket with HP) or
Directly with HP
Some issues that Students have asked about:
HP Notebook PCs – Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows)
When a computer fan spins loudly for a long period of time, there might be an issue with a fan, or the computer might be overheating. Adjust the power settings, clean the fan vents, check for suspicious processes (eg malware), and then update the BIOS to help reduce the internal temperature.
Follow steps for troubleshooting at: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01007591
Note: If you wish to check for Malware, we recommend malwarebytes as an effective free solution
Arranging Repair directly with HP
Check the warranty of your device - Official HP® Warranty Check – New Zealand | HP® Customer Support
Devices purchased from Lexel or Cyclone will have come with a three year Accidental Damage and Warranty Packag
Call HP Support 0800 449 553
You may be asked for:
- Serial Number
- Model Number
- Picture of Serial Number
- 2 Pictures of Damage if damaged (Take a picture of the full laptop)
- Describe the damage when did this occur
- How did this occur
- What is not functioning
Conditions for repair
Four major components (max) will be replaced in one year
HP will issue a job to be done by local HP repairs to complete an onsite repair.
They will issue a job number. Repair is done onsite.
Arranging Repair through Pinehurst ICT
We can log a ticket with HP Support on your behalf. During Covid Alert Levels, we have no control over the speed of processing or repair. (We do not do repairs)
To request ICT to manage your repair, please complete the form at: https://pinehurstschool.nz/lapsvce